Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Time to Start

I've never been good at blogging.  I sit in front of my keyboard for five or ten minutes just trying to get the jumble in my head to transform into some kind of recognizable text.  About two years ago I started a blog.  I managed two separate entries in that time and deleted it last week.  I'm a lousy blogger.

A few months ago my daughter picked up a new Nikon D60 and I fell in love with it.  I picked one up just a few weeks ago.  While scouring the internet looking for just about anything photography related I stumbled across the 366 Pictures site.  I was really intrigued and blindly followed links until I came across Dogeared Photos which shows off some truly amazing talent.

I got rather enthusiastic and showed the site to my daughter and we both decided to join in on the 366 Photo challenge.  We're already six months behind and have some catching up to do.. but we're excited!

Now I finally have something worthwhile to blog about.  Here's to a better blog.  I'd also like to just say "Thanks" to my daughter Cassandra for reigniting my passion for photography :)

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

Hi Mike - first off, thank you for the wonderful compliment, you made my night with that one! Also, I've done a shout out to introduce you, Cassandra and her friend Heather, here - http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-people.html

(if you'd like me to remove the link, just let me know with a comment and I'll take it out).

Good luck with the challenge - even though it's July, that means you have the full pick of themes to choose from, whereas everyone else has done a lot of the easy ones and now might start struggling!

Julie M said...

Welcome to the 366 challenge!
I look forward to seeing your stuff...

My blog is here, if you want to have a look:

http://juliems366in2008.blogspot.com/

Linda aka Elemobe said...

Hi Mike,

For someone who is no good at blogging, you are doing great ;-)

Loved your post - hope you post some more, you write well and speak from the heart.

I am adding you to my list, if you would rather I take you off, let me know and I will do so immediately.

In the meantime, good luck and enjoy the process, but beware - it's addictive - lol